Successes to date
- Since its formation in 2004 up to 30th September 2018, Salix has helped over 2,300 clients to commit over 17,000 projects valued at £742 million.
- Salix has provided financing throughout the UK:
- England: Over 2,100 clients have committed 15,257 projects valued at £637.9 million.
- Wales: 55 clients have committed 1,124 projects valued at £59.8 million.
- Scotland: 62 clients have committed 740 projects valued at £44.9 million.
- A list of organisations who completed energy efficiency upgrades using Salix financing for the last two financial years can be downloaded here:
- All projects are forecast to save over 788,000 tonnes of CO2e annually.
- This represents over £164 million of annual financial savings to our clients’ energy bills and £2.6billion over the projects’ lifetime.
- Salix financing supports over 100 different energy efficiency technologies. Over the last financial year, some of the most popular technologies include LED lighting, Combined Heat and Power and boiler upgrades. Salix has also seen an increase in the number of clients taking a holistic view of their site energy consumption, combining multiple efficiency measures and renewables to maximise savings.
- A research report commissioned by Salix and undertaken by the UCL Energy Institute established the extent to which Salix financing enables projects which otherwise would not have gone ahead and to what extent are the estimated savings realised in practice. Stage 1 and 2 of the study can be downloaded here:
- Salix Finance was invited to submit a response to the Department of Business Energy & Industrial Strategy‘s (BEIS) call for evidence in “Leading by example: cutting energy bills and carbon emissions in the public and higher education sectors”. The response is supported by evidence from current Salix clients and outlines multiple opportunities to remove barriers within the public and higher education sector to enable the delivery of the Government’s Clean Growth Strategy. This includes six key recommendations for the Government to action which would significantly improve access to capital for the public sector, enabling emissions and financial savings. The full response can be downloaded here:
Salix Finance’s response to the Department of Business Energy & Industrial Strategy’s call for evidence: “Leading by example: cutting energy bills and carbon emissions in the public and higher education sectors”