Salix provides funding for energy efficiency projects to support local councils to lower their carbon footprint and reduce energy bills.
To be eligible for funding in England, projects must comply with the following criteria:
- The cost of CO2 must be less than £191 per tonne over the lifetime of the project.
- The loan is usually repaid from energy savings within a 5-year period (projects exceeding this will repay more per annum than the energy savings or can be part-funded.)
- Salix applications can be made prior to obtaining MHCLG borrowing approval, with Salix reserving funding until this is granted.
Salix supports over 100 different energy efficiency technologies, a full list of which can be found here.
To download a full copy of the SEELS England application notes, please click here.
MHCLG borrowing approval process
Prior to local councils borrowing from Salix, approval must be granted by the Secretary of State by way of the Ministry for Housing, Communities and Local Government (MHCLG)*.
- Contact your County Association affiliated to the National Association of Local Councils (NALC) to request an MHCLG borrowing approval form.
- Completed borrowing form will be checked by the local County Association and sent to MHCLG.
- There may be follow up enquiries from MHCLG, and then the Secretary of State's decision is sent directly to the Clerk of the Parish.
Please note that unlike Parish Councils, Parish Meetings may not be able to borrow, but please confirm this with your County Association or NALC directly. For enquiries directly to the MHCLG about parish borrowing approval, please contact [email protected] or call 0303 444 3132.
Find your local county association here.
For further information, or to apply, please contact one of the teams using the contact details below.
The Street Lighting team includes:
|Lindy Frey||0203 102 6914||[email protected]|
|Edward Clark||0203 102 6914||[email protected]|
|Liam Gillard||0203 102 6911||[email protected]|
|Client Support Officer|
|Martha Chafer||0203 102 6911||[email protected]|
|Christopher Masters||0203 102 6914||[email protected]|
The England Local Authority Buildings team includes:
|Hayley Veenhoven||0203 102 6912||[email protected]|
|Charles Pegg||0203 102 6913||[email protected]|
|Suki Gohel||0203 102 6912||[email protected]|
|Client Support Officer|
|Rebecca McNamara||0203 102 6913||[email protected]|
|Oliver Smith||0203 102 6912||[email protected]|
*MHCLG, formerly the Department for Communities and Local Government (DCLG.)