Switching to Low Energy Pilot
If you are interested in applying to Salix for the SLE scheme, please get in touch with a member of the team.
Salix provides an award-winning energy survey for maintained schools to reduce their energy usage to the lowest possible level through the installation of energy efficiency technologies.
- A comprehensive report detailing how your organisation can use different energy efficiency technologies to reduce your energy usage to the lowest possible level
- Installing these technologies can help improve the learning environment for both staff and pupils
- No upfront cost - the interest-free loan is repaid with the predicted energy savings
- Salix have Secretary of State approval for all maintained schools and colleges to take up Salix loans – see Schemes for Financing Schools
- The repayments are recycled to fund further projects in the public sector.
How does it work?
The comprehensive SLE energy survey will demonstrate how to reduce your energy spend per pupil. Following the survey, you will receive:
- Advice on how to reduce energy consumption through ‘no-cost’ behavioural changes
- Information on all possible technologies that could be installed to reduce energy usage and carbon emissions
- Advice on the best order in which to install these technologies and enough detailed information to procure against
- A financial model to show how the costs of carrying out the energy efficiency measures can be met with different funding sources, including the Salix interest-free loan.
Salix’s SLE flyer explains how the SLE works in more detail.
The two main criteria for this fund are that:
- the projects must pay for themselves within eight years through their predicted annual energy savings
- the project must not exceed a maximum cost of £222 per tonne of carbon dioxide saved (calculated using our compliance tool).
If you have a project that doesn't quite meet the eight-year payback, but you have funding available from another source, then you can apply for partial SLE funding.
SLE – Phase 1
For examples of previous SLE projects, please see the knowledge share area of our website.
The latest interim report on Phase 1 of the Salix Schools: Switching to Low Energy is available upon request.
How to apply:
If you think your school could benefit from this comprehensive energy survey then please call us on 0203 102 6903 or email: [email protected] for more information.
The first step in all SLE applications is the completion of the expression of interest form. Please download the form here.
The Schools and Academies team includes:
|Alex Morgan||0203 102 6903||[email protected]|
|Suad Omer||0203 102 6903||[email protected]|
|Corinne Manion||0203 102 6906||[email protected]|
|Client Support Officer|
|Shaista Farooq||0203 714 5658||[email protected]|
|Aycan Yasar||0203 714 5658||[email protected]|
|Benjamin Sharpe||0203 714 5658||[email protected]|
|Harvie Agnew||0203 102 6903||[email protected]|
|Education Marketing Advisor|
|Alannah Powell||0203 102 6903||[email protected]|