SEEF 2020/21 is now closed
Salix, in partnership with the Department for Education (DfE), works to reduce energy usage in individual academies, sixth form colleges, free schools, and Multi-Academy Trusts (MATs) across England. Through the installation of energy-efficient technologies, academies can lower energy bills and create a more comfortable learning environment.
Salix Energy Efficiency Funding is available for all individual academies, academy sixth forms, free schools, and those in Multi-Academy Trusts (MATs).
- Reduce energy bills.
- Improve the learning environment for both staff and pupils.
- No upfront cost - the interest-free funding is paid and repaid to the DfE based upon the predicted energy savings.
- SEEF repayments returning to the DfE are recycled to fund further projects in the public-sector.
Funding Criteria for 2020/21
- Each applicant may submit one application, which can consist of multiple projects. Multi-Academy Trusts can submit one application for each academy within the trust.
- The maximum loan value is £200,000, applications can be part-funded if they exceed this value.
- The minimum loan value is £8,000.
- The loan value must not exceed an 8 year payback. Projects exceeding this payback can be part-funded.
- Projects must cost no more than £222 per tonne/CO2e.
- To score maximum marks there will need to be an affordable contribution from other sources.
- No aspect of a project already included in a separate live funding bid can be included in a SEEF application.
The Application Process for SEEF
Timescales - SEEF is now open
Applications open: Applications opened Tuesday 20th October 2020.
Submission Deadline: The deadline for submissions is 23:59 on Monday 11th January 2021.
Notification: Applicants will be notified of the outcome in March 2021.
Project Completion: Projects have until the end of December 2021 to complete.
The Academies team includes:
|Sinead Desmond||0203 102 6903||[email protected]|
|Suad Omer||0203 102 6903||[email protected]|
|Nadim El Bakri||0203 102 6907||[email protected]|
|Client Support Officer|
|Aycan Yasar||0203 714 5658||[email protected]|
|Benjamin Sharpe||0203 714 5658||[email protected]|
|Harvie Agnew||0203 102 6903||[email protected]|
|Vaishni Patel||[email protected]|
|Ben Hebbert||[email protected]|