*** Latest Update: The Salix Energy Efficiency Fund (SEEF) application window is currently closed. Due to the recent announcement of the general election, and the requirements of purdah, we are unable to release details on when the new SEEF funding application window for 2019/20 will open. We will announce further details as soon as we are able to. ***
Salix, in partnership with the Department for Education (DfE), works to reduce energy usage in individual academies, sixth form colleges, free schools and Multi-Academy Trusts (MATs) across England. Through the installation of energy efficient technologies, academies can lower energy bills and create a more comfortable learning environment.
Salix Energy Efficiency Funding is available for all individual academies, academy sixth forms, free schools and those in Multi-Academy Trusts (MATs).
- Reduce your energy bills
- Improve the learning environment for both staff and pupils
- Over 100 technologies are eligible for funding
- No upfront cost - the interest-free funding is paid and repaid to the DfE based upon the predicted energy savings
- SEEF repayments returning to the DfE are recycled to fund further projects in the public-sector.
- Each applicant may submit one application, which can consist of multiple projects. Multi-Academy Trusts can submit one application for each academy within the trust.
- The maximum loan value that can be requested from the DfE for an application is £150,000. SEEF applications can be part funded if they exceed this value
- If your application is over £100,000 in value, you will need to fill out a Business Case (you can download this from our compliance tools section). This will need to score 70% or more to be eligible for funding
- The minimum loan value for the SEEF is £8,000
- In order to be eligible for funding, the loan value must be repaid within an eight-year period. Projects exceeding this payback can be part funded
- Projects must cost no more than £222 for every tonne of carbon saved
- To score maximum marks there will need to be a significant (and affordable) contribution from other sources.
The Application Process for SEEF
Please see our Pre-Application Guidance document for further details regarding the application process for this year’s SEEF.
Timescales - Currently closed.
The submission window for SEEF applications is currently closed; below is the 2018/19 timeline.
Applications open: Applications open at 9:00am on Friday 28th September 2018
Submission Deadline: The deadline for submissions is 23:59 on Friday 30th November 2018
Notification: Applicants will be notified of the outcome by 1st March 2019
Project Completion: Projects need to complete by December 2019
The Schools and Academies team includes:
|Alex Morgan||0203 102 6903||[email protected]|
|Suad Omer||0203 102 6903||[email protected]|
|Corinne Manion||0203 102 6906||[email protected]|
|Client Support Officer|
|Shaista Farooq||0203 714 5658||[email protected]|
|Aycan Yasar||0203 714 5658||[email protected]|
|Benjamin Sharpe||0203 714 5658||[email protected]|
|Education Marketing Advisor|
|Alannah Powell||0203 102 6903||[email protected]|