Salix Energy Efficiency Fund (SEEF)
The Salix Energy Efficiency Fund application window is now open, with final applications to be submitted no later than 11:59pm on 30th November 2018.
Salix, in partnership with the Department for Education (DfE), works to reduce energy usage in individual academies, sixth form colleges, free schools and Multi-Academy Trusts (MATs) across England. Through the installation of energy efficient technologies, academies can lower energy bills and create a more comfortable learning environment.
The Salix Energy Efficiency Fund (SEEF) is available for all individual academies, academy sixth forms, free schools and those in Multi-Academy Trusts (MATs).
- Reduce your energy bills.
- Improve the learning environment for both staff and pupils.
- Over 100 technologies are eligible for funding.
- No upfront cost - the interest-free funding is paid and repaid to the DfE based upon the predicted energy savings.
- SEEF repayments returning to the DfE are recycled to fund further projects in the public-sector.
- Each applicant may submit one application, which can consist of multiple projects. Multi-Academy Trusts can submit one application for each academy within the trust.
- The maximum loan value which can be requested from the DfE for an application is £150,000. SEEF applications can be part funded if they exceed this value.
- If your application is over £100,000 in value, you will need to fill out a Business Case. This will need to score 70% or more to be eligible for funding.
- The minimum loan value for the SEEF is £8,000.
- In order to be eligible for funding, the loan value must be repaid within an 8-year period. Projects exceeding this payback can be part funded.
- Projects must cost no more than £200 for every tonne of carbon saved.
- To score maximum marks there will need to be a significant (and affordable) contribution from other sources.
The Application Process for SEEF
Please see our Pre-Application Guidance document here for further details regarding the application process for this year’s SEEF.
Applications open: Applications opened at 9:00am on Friday 28th September 2018
Submission Deadline: The deadline for submissions is 23:59 on Friday 30th November 2018
Notification: Applicants will be notified of the outcome by 1st March 2019
Project Completion: Projects need to complete by December 2019
The Schools and Academies Team include:
|Simon Pettett||0203 102 6906||[email protected]|
|Suad Omer||0203 714 5658||[email protected]|
|Claire Banham-Godfrey||0203 102 6906||[email protected]|
|Corinne Mannion||0203 102 6903||[email protected]|
|Client Support Officers|
|Charles Pegg||0203 102 6903|
|Shaista Farooq||0203 102 6903||[email protected]|