We anticipate a new round of SEEF opening in autumn 2020. More details to follow shortly.
Salix, in partnership with the Department for Education (DfE), works to reduce energy usage in individual academies, sixth form colleges, free schools and Multi-Academy Trusts (MATs) across England. Through the installation of energy efficient technologies, academies can lower energy bills and create a more comfortable learning environment.
Salix Energy Efficiency Funding is available for all individual academies, academy sixth forms, free schools and those in Multi-Academy Trusts (MATs).
- Reduce your energy bills
- Improve the learning environment for both staff and pupils
- Over 100 technologies are eligible for funding
- No upfront cost - the interest-free funding is paid and repaid to the DfE based upon the predicted energy savings
- SEEF repayments returning to the DfE are recycled to fund further projects in the public-sector.
Funding Criteria for 2019/20 (subject to change in 2020/21)
- Each applicant may submit one application, which can consist of multiple projects. Multi-Academy Trusts can submit one application for each academy within the trust.
- The maximum loan value that can be requested from the DfE for an application is £150,000. SEEF applications can be part funded if they exceed this value
- The minimum loan value for the SEEF is £8,000
- In order to be eligible for funding, the loan value must be repaid within an eight-year period. Projects exceeding this payback can be part funded
- Projects must cost no more than £222 for every tonne of carbon saved
- To score maximum marks there will need to be a significant (and affordable) contribution from other sources.
The Application Process for SEEF
Please see our guidance document for further details regarding the SEEF application process.
Timescales - Currently closed, however a new round is planned to open in autumn 2020.
For reference, below was the 2018/19 timeline:
Applications open: Applications opened at 9:00am on Friday 28th September 2018
Submission Deadline: The deadline for submissions was 23:59 on Friday 30th November 2018
Notification: Applicants were notified of the outcome by 1st March 2019
Project Completion: Projects had until the end of December 2019 to complete
The Academies team includes:
|Sinead Desmond||0203 102 6903||[email protected]|
|Suad Omer||0203 102 6903||[email protected]|
|Corinne Manion||0203 102 6906||[email protected]|
|Nadim El Bakri||0203 102 6906||[email protected]|
|Client Support Officer|
|Aycan Yasar||0203 714 5658||[email protected]|
|Benjamin Sharpe||0203 714 5658||[email protected]|
|Harvie Agnew||0203 102 6903||[email protected]|