Salix provides funding for schools and colleges to reduce energy costs through the installation of energy efficiency technologies.
The SEELS programme is funded by the Department for Education - we are here to work with you to save money and modernise your organisation by funding energy efficiency improvements. The funding is provided via an interest-free loan which is paid back through the predicted savings on energy usage.
- Reduce your energy bills
- Salix Funds over 100 technologies that can help improve the learning environment for both staff and pupils
- No upfront cost - the interest-free loan is repaid with the predicted energy savings
- Salix have Secretary of State approval for all maintained schools and colleges to take up Salix loans - see Schemes for Financing Schools
- The repayments are recycled to fund further projects in the public-sector.
The two main criteria for this fund are that:
- the projects must pay for themselves within eight years through their predicted annual energy savings
- the project must not exceed a maximum cost of £222 per tonne of carbon dioxide saved (calculated using our compliance tool).
If you have a project that doesn't quite meet the eight-year payback, but you have funding available from another source, then you can apply for partial SEELS funding.
The SEELS Application Process
The SEELS programme is open for applications throughout the year.
Step 1 – Sign up to our website
Step 2 – Download and complete our easy to use Compliance Tool
Step 3 – Complete our online Application Form, attaching the Compliance Tool and supporting information
Step 4 – An automated email is generated and sent to the authorising official to approve
Step 5 - Application is assessed and a decision is typically made within two weeks.
Please note - if the application is over £100,000 we also require the applicant to complete the Salix Business Case and upload this along with your supporting information as part of your application.
For a detailed outline of the application steps please see the SEELS application flow chart and detailed application notes.
We also ask that you have informed your local authority of your intention to take up a Salix loan, and that you can process direct debit repayments.
If you are ready to apply, please click here to go to our online application system.
If you need any further information, please contact us via email at: [email protected]inance.co.uk or 0203 102 6903.
Salix Schools useful information / further resources
The Schools and Academies Team includes:
|Alex Morgan||0203 102 6906||[email protected]|
|Suad Omer||0203 714 5658||[email protected]|
|Corinne Manion||0203 102 6903||[email protected]|
|Client Support Officer|
|Shaista Farooq||0203 102 6903||[email protected]|