Special Schools Funding, England
Salix have funding available for energy efficiency projects in Special Schools.
Salix understand how energy intensive Special Schools can be and the opportunities this generates for energy saving projects. Since 2004 Salix have provided over £1 million of financing to over 50 Special Schools for energy efficiency projects.
- Reduce your energy bills.
- Install new technologies that can cater to the specific requirements of your students - Salix Funds over 100 technologies that can help improve the learning environment for both staff and pupils.
- No upfront cost - the interest-free loan is repaid with the predicted energy savings.
- Salix have Secretary of State approval for all maintained schools and colleges to take up Salix loans –Schemes for Financing Schools.
- The repayments are recycled to fund further projects in the public-sector.
Funding Streams for Special Schools
As with the other Maintained Schools Special Schools can access funding through the following two streams:
SEELS – Salix provide interest-free funding through the SEELS programme to help save money and reduce carbon emissions. Funding is for projects which are solely focused on energy efficiency upgrades and applications for are open throughout the year. The interest-free loan is repaid using the predicted energy savings of the new technologies.
For more information about SEELS please click here.
SLE- If you want to reduce your school’s energy-spend but are unsure which energy efficiency measures are appropriate, Salix can provide a comprehensive on-site energy survey. The survey will look at over 130 different technologies and suggest all those suitable for your school, aiming to reduce the energy-spend to the lowest possible level.
For more information about SLE please click here.
We also ask that you have informed your local authority of your intention to take up a Salix loan, and that you can process direct debit repayments.
If you are ready to apply, please click here to be taken to our online application system.
The Schools and Academies Team includes:
|Simon Pettett||0203 102 email@example.com|
|Suad Omer||0203 102 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Alexandra Morgan||0203 102 email@example.com|
|Client Support Officers|
|George Patrick||0203 102 firstname.lastname@example.org
|Jack Saunders||0203 102 email@example.com|