The conference is taking place at Solent University in Southampton on the 5th – 7th September 2018.
This year’s conference will be concentrating on ‘Managing a Compliant Estate’ including making decisions on the refurbishments of existing buildings, the delivery of new buildings and evidence-based risk assessment on backlog maintenance to channel investment where it is needed on replacement of mechanical and electrical services, plant and equipment.
The Conference will provide an opportunity to hear from, amongst others:
- Richard Hines, Health and Safety Executive HM Principal Specialist Inspector, with regards to electrical compliance, enforcement and investigation.
- Karl Wallasch, Technical Director of Hoare Lee, with regards to Fire Engineering in University Buildings.
- Stuart Kemp, Director of KCG, who will discuss the roll that internal audit has to play in maintaining a compliant estate.
- Peter Handforth, Director of Peter Handforth Associated Ltd, who will be holding a practical session covering good practice for those responsible for the management of electrical safety.
- Stuart Nixon, Director of Trident Water Solutions, with regards to compliance with HSE ACoP L8.
- Gas Safety Legislation within University estates.
More information about the event can be found here.
If you’re attending the conference and would like to set up a meeting with Salix to discuss energy efficiency projects, please contact [email protected].
More information about how Salix can support the education sector with carbon and cost reduction plans across their estates can be found on the Salix website here.
Visit the free knowledge share area on the Salix website for case studies and best practice examples.
Follow us on LinkedIn
Follow us on Twitter