Phase 3c Public Sector Decarbonisation Scheme
The Phase 3c Public Sector Decarbonisation Scheme is available for all public sector bodies that are contracting authorities in England as defined in the Public Contracts Regulations 2015.
Eligible applicants include:
- Central government departments and their arm’s length bodies (set out in Public Bodies as published by the Cabinet Office). For central government departments where their roles are reserved (i.e., not devolved Governments of Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland), funding may be used for estates located anywhere within the UK
- Emergency services
- Institutions of further and higher education
- Local authorities
- Schools within the state education system, including maintained schools, academies, multi-academy trusts and free schools
- Nursery schools maintained by a local authority
- NHS Trusts and Foundation Trusts, including NHS student accommodation
Public Corporations and private sector organisations are not eligible. Registered charities are also not eligible, unless they are also non-departmental public bodies as defined by the Cabinet Office. GPs are not eligible unless they are contracting authorities (including NHS trusts) that either own or have a long-term lease agreement with responsibility for maintenance of the buildings not including NHS property services as these are semi-private.
Social housing is not eligible to apply to Phase 3c Public Sector Decarbonisation Scheme.