Public sector bodies that are contracting authorities in England as defined in the Public Contracts Regulations 2015 are eligible to apply for Phase 3b of the PSDS. Those that apply are referred to in the Guidance Notes as “the Applicant”. This includes:
- Central government departments and their arm’s length bodies (set out in Public Bodies as published by the Cabinet Office, see here). For central government departments where their roles are reserved (i.e., not devolved Governments of Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland), funding may be used for estates located anywhere within the UK
- Emergency services
- Institutions of further and higher education
- Local authorities
- Schools within the state education system, including maintained schools, academies, Multi-Academy Trusts and free schools
- Nursery schools maintained by a local authority
- NHS Trusts and Foundation Trusts
Exclusions: Public Corporations and private sector organisations are not eligible. Registered charities are also not eligible, unless they are also non-departmental public bodies as defined by the Cabinet Office.
Social housing is not eligible to apply to Phase 3b of the PSDS.