There is currently one role being advertised at Salix for a Client Support Officer.
Pease see below for details.
Client Support Officer- Job Description
- Job title: Client Support Officer
- Reporting to: Programme Co-ordinator
- Location: Central London, Monument
- Date advertised: Wednesday 1 March 2017
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Job description reviewed: February 2017
Working as a member of a team, maintain a positive working relationship across a wide portfolio, including recycling fund and loans clients. Work in partnership with them to ensure they make effective use of Salix funding. Also work to build and promote the Salix loans programme.
- Work with and support existing clients to ensure they complete projects within agreed scope, timelines and to Salix requirements
- Maintain excellent client relationships and engage with key personnel across all levels of client organisations to encourage on time completions and repeat business
- Maintain client databases to track projects
- Support prospective clients in developing applications for funding and assist and manage them through the lifecycle of their projects to completion of the project
- Support a teamwork approach to delivering the teams annual business plans
- Individual health and safely
- Management of own day-day tasks
- Work with others and across teams to identify new applicants for funding and selling the concept to them
- Prepare written reports on individual work programme
- Network and promote Salix at key stakeholder events, conferences and presentations
- Present Salix and its work to prospective clients
- Engage in staff meeting and training events
- Also to include any other duties and responsibilities within the range of the salary grade
- £25k during probationary period
- £25.5k after successful probationary period
- £26k after one year
- Rising to £29k
- 28 days annual leave
- Cycle to work scheme
- Contributory pension scheme
- Employee support with public transport costs
- Supported training budget for staff
Salix operates a probationary period for all new staff. This ensures people joining Salix can find out that the job meets their expectations and that Salix can support each member of staff in their role. This is on a fixed term 3 month probationary contract. Successful completion of the probationary period will lead to an offer of employment contract. If the successful candidate is currently employed by Salix there is no requirement to complete a second probationary period.
Candidates must demonstrate that they meet the qualifications, experience, skills and abilities listed in the Person Specification. In order that candidates focus on the experience, skills and abilities in the Person Specification ten specific areas have been highlighted. Candidates should focus on these ten points in their written statement which should be no more than 1,500 words. Other aspects of the Person Specification will be evidenced from your CV, additional testing if longlisted and the final interview.
- The position has been advertised on Thursday 2 March 2017 and Salix accepts applications from this date
- The last date for applications is Monday 24 April 2017, midnight
- Shortlisting will be completed by Tuesday 2 May 2017 when candidates will be notified
- Interviews and testing will take place on Tuesday 9 and Wednesday 10 May 2017
- The interview will include a short presentation no longer than 10 minutes. The title of which will be announced to shortlisted candidates in advance of the interview by email
- Candidates will be appointed throughout May –September 2017
If you wish to apply for this role please submit the following to HR@salixfinance.co.uk:
- An up to date CV
- A statement of no more than 1,500 words to show how you match the 10 key criteria highlighted with an * on the Person Specification.
- Equality monitoring form available here.
Candidates that do not submit the full list of documentation above will not be contacted to submit a full application.
All applicants must have the right to work in the UK and documentation is checked.