Systems Manager Job Description
Job Title: Systems Manager
Reporting to: Financial Controller
Location: Central London, King William Street
Job description reviewed: April 2019
Salix Finance is currently an independent not for profit company established to accelerate public sector investment in energy efficiency technologies. Salix is publically funded by BEIS, DfE, and the Welsh and Scottish Governments and works with public sector bodies throughout the UK, helping them make progress towards achieving their carbon reduction targets. The existing client base includes Local Authorities, NHS Foundation Trusts, Higher and Further Education institutions, Central Government and Emergency Services. Since 2004, Salix has worked with over 2,300 clients, more than 17,000 individual projects and is estimated to save the public sector over £2.5 billion of life time savings.
This role is responsible for leading on the business analysis work Salix undertakes to identify business needs and determine solutions to business problems, as well as managing development of the systems which underpin this work.
As the organisation grows and the funding it manages increases, there is a need to ensure that it also enhances its capability for reporting and analysing on the data held from projects delivered, as well as ensuring knowledge of the markets in which it operates is both current and extensive. This includes managing our systems which underpin our ability to hold, analyse and report on our data.
Managing a small team of Business Analysts, this team will ensure that the business is meeting the above needs.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Supporting the programme, technical, marketing and finance teams with any identified analysis, modelling and reporting needs
- Managing the reporting work undertaken by two Business Analysts, such as month and year end for all Salix funding programmes and the quarterly KPI reporting
- Finding ways to enhance and develop company reporting through automation and data visualization
- Reviewing the existing systems to determine necessary improvements and potential for future redevelopment
- Management of external contractors/consultants being used for the development and upkeep of our reporting systems
- Manage and motivate the Business Analysts including undertaking of performance appraisals to ensure that they are trained and developed according to job requirements
- Active member of the Corporate Management Team
£40,000 (rising to £48,000 depending on experience)
- 28 days annual leave
- Cycle to work scheme
- Contributory pension scheme
- Employee support with public transport costs
Salix operates a probationary period for all new staff, on a fixed term 3-month probationary contract. This ensures people joining Salix can find out that the job meets their expectations and that Salix can support each member of staff in their role. Successful completion of the probationary period will lead to an offer of permanent employment contract.
Candidates must demonstrate that they meet the qualifications, experience, skills and abilities listed in the Personal Specification in Appendix 1.
If you wish to apply for this role please submit the following to [email protected]:
- An up-to-date CV
- A personal statement of no more than 1,500 stating why you are suitable for the post of Systems Manager and specifically addressing the 10 key personal specification criteria that have been identified in appendix 1
- Equality monitoring form (available to download here)