Acceptable Use Policy
This Acceptable Use Policy sets out the terms between you and us under which you may access our website https://www.salixfinance.co.uk/ (our site).
This Acceptable Use Policy applies to all users of, and visitors to, our site. Your use of our site means that you accept, and agree to abide by, all the policies in this acceptable use policy, which supplement our Terms of Website Use.
www.salixfinance.co.uk is a site operated by Salix Finance Ltd (“we” or “us”). We are registered in England and Wales under company number 5068355 and have our registered office at 10 South Colonnade, Canary Wharf, London, E14 4PU. We undertake administration of the Salix Funding Programmes. This will include handling applications via our web portal and providing a direct point of contact for applicants. We also undertake the financial administration for the project.
You may use our site only for lawful purposes.
You may not use our site:
- In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation.
- In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect.
- To send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our content standards. See content standards paragraph below.
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam).
- To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
You also agree:
- Not to reproduce, duplicate, copy or re-sell any part of our site, including any documents downloaded from it, in contravention of the provisions of our Terms of Website Use.
- Not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disruption any part of our site:
- Any equipment or network on which our site is stored; or any software used in the provision of our site.
- Any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to, and via, our site (contributions), including any material included in any application made.
You must comply with the spirit and the letter of the following standards. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
- Be accurate (where they purport to state facts).
- Honestly and reasonably held (where they express opinion or judgment;).
- Comply with applicable law in the UK and to any other law which may apply, including that of any country from which they are posted. In the event of any conflict, the law of England and Wales will be deemed to apply in the first instance, though we retain the right to engage in legal action in any jurisdiction, where appropriate.
Contributions must not:
- Contain any material which is defamatory of any person.
- Contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory.
- Cause or promote discrimination against or infringe rights arising from protected characteristics under the Equality Act 2010 or any delegated or successor legislation. These rights currently cover race, sex, religion or belief, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity or age infringe any copyright, database right, trademark or any intellectual property right of any other person.
- Be likely to or deceive any person.
- Be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence.
- Be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person.
- Advocate, promote or assist any unlawful or illegal act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
Suspension and termination
- We will determine, in our discretion, whether there has been a breach of this Acceptable Use Policy through your use of our site.
- When a breach of this policy has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate and the list below is not exhaustive.
- Failure to comply with this Acceptable Use Policy constitutes a material breach of the Terms of Website Use upon which you are permitted to use our site, and may result in our taking all or any of the following actions:
- Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our site.
- Immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any posting or material uploaded by you to our site or in an application.
- Rejection/withdrawal of any application made by you irrespective of the stage of the application process you have reached.
- Issue of a warning to you.
- Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach.
- Further legal action against you.
- Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary. We exclude liability for actions taken in response to breaches of this acceptable use policy.
Changes to the acceptable use policy
We may revise this Acceptable Use Policy at any time by amending this page. You are expected to check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we make, as they will be legally binding on you. Some of the provisions contained in this Acceptable Use Policy may be superseded by provisions or notices published elsewhere on our site.