The England Recycling Fund
Closed for applications
Closed for applications:
The Recycling Funds in England closed for new applications in 2010, however; Salix currently has 70 Recycling Fund partner organisations in England, including local authorities, higher education institutions, emergency services and the NHS.
About this scheme
The Salix Recycling Fund is a ring-fenced fund with capital provided by Salix and matched by the partner organisation, to be spent on energy-saving projects with paybacks up to ten years.
The scheme aims to increase capital investment in energy-efficient and low carbon heating technologies across the public sector. The financial savings delivered by the projects are returned to the fund allowing further spending on decarbonisation projects, hence the term ‘Recycling Fund’.
The fund has financed thousands of projects, worth more than £203m. The average fund has been recycled over 3.5 times. Combined, the Recycling Funds save over 246,000 tonnes of carbon each year.
- A long-term ring-fenced fund held by the public body where financial savings are reinvested year on year to fund further energy efficiency projects.
- Securing long-term finance for energy efficiency investment.
- Salix offers the option of a management charge, where up to 15% of project costs can be used to support project identification and delivery.
- Over 100 energy efficiency technologies are eligible including lighting, heating, and insulation.
- Project compliance criteria of up to a 10 year payback at a cost of £500 per tonne of carbon dioxide saved.
- Ongoing client and technical support from Salix on fund management and project delivery.
- Networking and knowledge sharing with other public sector peers.
The “Recycling Fund Manual” contains all the information you need to know about your Fund. This has information about the administration of the scheme, terms of the fund, project criteria, and more.
We have written a comprehensive guide called “SERS user guide” to help you navigate SERS.
A compliance tool is available should you wish to assess the compliancy of a project before committing on SERS. All projects over £100k will require a completed business case.
The three-year plan template has been created as a helpful guide to assist Recycling Fund clients to produce a three-year plan demonstrating how the available spend will be utilised for the remaining lifetime of the fund i.e. the financial years 2022/23, 2023/24 and 2024/25.
PDF, 551.19KB document. An external application may be required to view this document.
PDF, 4.17MB document. An external application may be required to view this document.
EXCEL, 340.61KB document. An external application may be required to view this document.
PDF, 99.83KB document. An external application may be required to view this document.
PDF, 77.15KB document. An external application may be required to view this document.
PDF, 106.63KB document. An external application may be required to view this document.
PDF, 37.93KB document. An external application may be required to view this document.