Salix Delighted to be Sponsoring Green Gown Awards 2018
Salix are delighted to be supporting and sponsoring two categories for the Green Gown Awards 2018; Research with Impact (Institution) and Research with Impact (Student).
The Awards have become established as the most prestigious recognition of environmental best practice within the further and higher education sectors and provide the sector with benchmarks for excellence and are respected by Government, funding councils, senior management, academics and students. Applying for a Green Gown Award not only motivates those involved but it inspires others in the sector to do more and opens the doors to new opportunities.
This category recognises the importance and societal impact of research and development by tertiary education as a driver of sustainable development and implementation of the Sustainable Development Goals. This category replaces the former Research and Development category
This category recognises excellent student research that progress the field of sustainability and beneficially impacts on society. This category replaces the former Research and Development category.
What’s new this year?
- Entries are free
- 12 new and revised categories - making the Awards more relevant for the sector
- Simplified application form - making applying easier and quicker!
- Recognising those with limited budgets - Small institution applications is now measured against an annual turnover of £50 million or below
- *Two Year Rule – Submissions from 2016 and earlier - if evidence of further, significant improvement since the last application is clearly documented in the application form, organisations can re-submit their entry. Remember to address the judges’ feedback!
Deadline for applications to Green Gown Awards (Stage 1) close on Friday 8th June.
- All information including FAQs, tips and entry forms can be found on the EAUC website.
- For inspiration, visit the showcase of case studies and videos from past winners, highly commended and finalists for free on the Sustainability Exchange.
Follow the Green Gown Awards on Twitter @greengowns
Follow Salix on Twitter @SalixFinance