Phase 3a Public Sector Decarbonisation Scheme
Completing your project
This page provides information to help public sector bodies that have received a grant through Phase 3a of the Public Sector Decarbonisation Scheme through the completions process*. You will find key documents and guidance on the following:
- Standard completion
- Delayed completion
- Delayed commissioning
- Partial completion
*Please note: All projects should follow the standard completion process unless a reasonable request to extend the practical completion date is approved by us.
For Phase 3a multi-year projects with grant end date 31 March 2024, please follow the guidance below to ensure you complete all necessary steps to receive your final grant payment for 2023-24.
For Phase 3a single-year projects:
- Projects that completed by the grant end date 31 March 2023 should now be closed as per the standard completion process. If you have not received a project closure letter, please contact your Salix relationship manager to confirm any outstanding requirements.
- Projects following the delayed completion process must continue to provide monitoring reports to Salix until project completion and provide all outstanding completion documents listed in Step 1 below within 30 days of practical completion.
- Projects following the delayed commissioning process must inform Salix as soon as commissioning is completed or if commissioning is delayed past the expected date.
Standard completion guidance
This guidance is for Phase 3a projects which will complete by the grant end date stated in your Grant Offer Letter*. Below is a step-by-step guide that should be followed with the support of your relationship manager, detailing the documentation and evidence to be gathered and submitted to Salix upon completion of your project. Further guidance is provided below to cover other completion scenarios.
*For multi-year projects with grant end date 31 March 2025, please refer to the ‘Requesting final 2023-24 payment’ webpage, since some of Step 1 below is applicable now in order to claim your grant allocation for this financial year.
Steps that may be possible now prior to practical completion
- Send us evidence to support the closure of all outstanding conditions.
- Identify any retention and, if so, the value and payment date.
- Provide a first draft of the accruals forecast statement form by 15 February 2024 to forecast your accruals payment(s).
- Submit a final version of the accruals forecast statement form by 15 March 2024.
- Collecting final invoices for your project and preparing contractors to promptly invoice after completion of your Public Sector Decarbonisation Scheme funded works.
Initiating the completion process
- Submit a final monthly monitoring report, confirming the practical completion date and with the status of all measures listed in ‘Step 1 Measure Progress’ marked as ‘Commissioned’.
- Submit a final application form with confirmed costs and energy savings figures by 29 March 2024.
- Submit all completion documents listed below:
- Boiler decommissioning certificates
- Photographic evidence of completed works
- Practical completion certificates
- Warranty certificates for each Public Sector Decarbonisation Scheme funded measure (or Operation & Maintenance manuals covering all installed equipment)
- (These documents must be submitted within 30 days of the practical completion date)
Final payment request submission by 18 April 2024
- Provide Schedule 5 payment request
- Submit final invoices
- Provide final statement of expenditure
- Submit invoices to evidence your like-for-like costs and client contribution to the project costs. This should be a minimum of 12% of the total project value.
Grant recipient submits all completion documents to Salix
Our team reviews documents and queries where more info is needed
Salix requests funds from Department for Energy Security and Net Zero (formerly the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy)
Grant recipient paid and remittance advice issued
Grant recipient issued project closure letter detailing remaining information requests if applicable
Post-completion annual reporting
Once the project is completed, grant recipients will be asked to provide an annual monitoring report for the next three years to assess whether the Public Sector Decarbonisation Scheme-funded measures are achieving the expected outcomes. Grant recipients must also report when they have made the retention payments to their contractor, if applicable.
Guidance on other types of completion
Delayed completion guidance
The delayed completion guidance is to be used where projects are unable to complete fully by the grant end date, and the remaining works will be completed after this date using alternative funding. If your multi-year project is not expected to complete by 31 March 2024 we will require a letter signed by the Authorising Official by 14 March 2024 confirming the value and measures to be installed after the grant end date and confirming that alternative funding is available to complete the project. Please inform your relationship manager as soon as possible if you expect to complete after 31 March 2024. Any extension to the practical completion date is not guaranteed and requests will be approved on a case-by-case basis.
Delayed commissioning guidance
The delayed commissioning guidance is to be used where all physical installations are completed on site by the grant end date, but they are unable to be commissioned by this date because other factors, outside their control, will prevent them from doing so.
Partial completion guidance
The partial completion guidance is to be used where projects are unable to complete to the agreed scope. This would be due to either completing partial but carbon-compliant projects or by incurring permitted costs that make the project non-compliant against the scheme carbon criteria, for example, due to late cancellations.
Guidance document download
PDF, 273.50KB document. An external application may be required to view this document.
PDF, 272.67KB document. An external application may be required to view this document.
PDF, 272.70KB document. An external application may be required to view this document.
PDF, 305.01KB document. An external application may be required to view this document.